Tag, you’re it; you are now a SharePoint Site Owner. Or, Congratulations, you just inherited a SharePoint site. There are many different ways of becoming a new Site Owner, but the honor doesn’t always come with orientation, a guide book, or instructions. So what are you really the proud owner of, what does the responsibility include, and what can you do with your new powers?
I created the video below to help provide some guidance and give you a jump start with some SharePoint basics. Knowing the basics is also important so you can get the most from CorasWorks. In less than an hour we’re only able to scratch the surface, but I’ll get you to the starting line on the road to success with SharePoint and CorasWorks.
The list below provides an overview of the lesson objectives and the video includes a table of contents for easy navigation. Be sure to share it with others in a similar situation or provide feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The definitions for key SharePoint terms
- How to easily access information
- How to work with the SharePoint Ribbon
- How to customize the navigation
- How to modify a page layout
- How to create new web pages
- How to modify and customize views of information
- How to modify lists with customized columns
- How to create new lists and libraries
- How to add web parts to a page
- How to add pictures to a site
- How to add and modify content
- How to drive business process
Tips for viewing the video: Placing your cursor over the bottom of the player displays controls to pause, increase/decrease volume, or view in full screen mode. Use the video’s table of contents to navigate to specific topics of interest. Clicking outside the video area collapses the table of contents.